- In VMware vCenter Server 5.x, some virtual machines display a red alarm.
- This alarm displays no symptoms of a triggered report in these sections:
- Summary Page of the affected virtual machine(s)
- Tasks & Events for the affected virtual machine(s)
- Alarms tab for the affected virtual machine(s)
- The alarm triggers on both powered on and powered off virtual machines
This issue is resolved in:
- vCenter Server 5.0 Update 2, available at VMware Downloads
- vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1(a), available at VMware Downloads
For more information, see:
To work around this issue when you are unable to upgrade, clear the alarms:
- Migrate the virtual machines to another host.
- Restart the management agents on the affected ESXi/ESX host. For more information, see Restarting the Management agents on an ESX or ESXi Server (1003490).
If the issue persists:
- Restart the VMware VirtualCenter Server service. For more information, see Stopping, starting, or restarting vCenter services (1003895).
- Migrate the affected virtual machines to another host.
If the issue persists, you can remove the ESXi/ESX host from the inventory and then re-register with vCenter Server.
Note: Completing this action removes the past performance data for the ESXi/ESX host.