We have seen the networking components used in Proxmox; we went through the configuration file and saw how those components come together. We are now going to create a new virtual bridge for our cluster. We will use this bridge to create an isolated network later on in this book. Perform the following steps to create a virtual bridge in Proxmox:
- Securely log in to the node pmxvm01.
- Open the interface file
# nano /etc/network/interfacesusing an editor.
- Add the following lines at the end of the file:
auto vmbr200 iface vmbr1 inet static bridge_ports none bridge_stp off bridge_fd 0
- Save the file and exit the editor
- Activate the bridge from the CLI using the following command:
# ifup vmbr200
- Do the same for the second node pmxvm02 …