This is the first release that supports real-time streaming of metrics between netdata servers.
netdata can now be:
- autonomous host monitoring (like it always has been)
- headless data collector (collect and stream metrics in real-time to another netdata)
- headless proxy (collect metrics from multiple netdata and stream them to another netdata)
- store and forward proxy (like headless proxy, but with a local database)
- central database (metrics from multiple hosts are aggregated)
metrics databases can be configured on all nodes and each node maintaining a database may have a different retention policy and possibly run (even different) alarms on them.